诗歌(poetry)中,line, stanza下载, verse各指什么?有什么区别?

请问,poetry 和 poem有什么区别?
淡定°GA55UT
poetryKK:[]DJ:[]n.[U]1.(总称)诗,诗歌,韵文He was very fond of writing and reciting poetry.他很喜欢写诗、背诗.2.作诗技巧;诗歌艺术Shakespeare and Milton were masters of English poetry.莎士比亚和弥尔顿是英国诗歌的艺术大师.3.诗意,诗情,诗趣You don't understand the poetry of life.你不懂得生活的诗意.poemKK:[]DJ:[]n.1.(一首)诗[C]
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码诗歌_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
上传于||暂无简介
大小:91.00KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢Stanza Examples
Perhaps the best way to understand
is to first thoroughly understand the definition of a stanza. A stanza is a popular term within poetry that refers to a smaller unit within a poem or a verse within a song.Stanzas in PoetryIf you are looking towards poetry to find stanza examples you need not look far.Stanzas are available in even the first section of the poem.&They are usually grouped together by the rhyme pattern and/or number of lines that they have.In any given song you have perhaps unknowingly sung stanzas several times. They are known as the verses. Look at the lyrics of your favorite song carefully and you will easily notice the stanzas.Here is an example of a stanza in poetry. This original poem is purely for illustration.I Love To Write Poems(First Stanza)I love to writeDay and nightWhat would my heart doBut cry, sigh and be blueIf I could not write(Second Stanza)Writing feels goodAnd I know it shouldWho could have knewThat what I doIs write, write, write- Unknown Author&While it is well known that poetry deals with emotions, the poem above, whose subject matter is the author&s love of writing, is just a mere visual that you can use when you are trying to decipher where the stanzas are in a poem. The above poem details a five-lined stanza, which many people may refer to as a .&Types of StanzasThere are many different types of stanzas. Some of which are:Couplets (stanza with two rhyming lines)Tercets (stanzas with three lines that may or may not rhyme)Quatrains (stanzas with four lines that may or may not rhyme)Remember that in poetry you can identify a stanza by the number of lines that it has and its rhyme scheme or pattern.Stanzas in SongWhen trying to find the stanzas in popular songs, it is best to take a look at the verses. Remember that songs are simply poetry set to music. With this in mind you should be able to easily identify the stanzas and the length of the stanzas. Keep in mind that most songs are made up of two verses, a bridge (which may or may not repeat) and a chorus (that definitely repeats.)Star Spangled BannerIf you take a look at the && you should be able to identify the stanzas.Verse 1&Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early lightWhat so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet waveO'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?&&&&&&&&&&& -Francis Scott Key&&The Star Spangled Banner& has , however only the first verse in sung popularly at athletic games, political events and so forth.When you take the first verse, and hum it you can begin to see how it is a stanza. Then, if you take a look at all of the verses, you begin to see how it is nothing more than a poem with four stanzas. Each stanza has eight lines and there is definitely an apparent rhyme pattern.Other Patriotic Song StanzasWhile the Star Spangled Banner is perhaps the most patriotic song of all because it is our national anthem, there are several other famous patriotic songs that you can look at in order to see some stanza examples.For instance, consider the first stanza of the following famous songs:America the BeautifulWords by Katharine Lee Bates and music by Samuel WardO beautiful for spacious skies,For amber waves of grain,For purple mountain majestiesAbove the fruited plain!America! America!God shed his grace on theeAnd crown thy good with brotherhoodFrom sea to shining sea!&This Land Is Your LandWords and music by Woody Guthrie&As I was walking a ribbon of highwayI saw above me an endless skywayI saw below me a golden valleyThis land was made for you and meChildren's SongsSongs for kids also contain stanzas as well. These are usually fun and funny, or else they contain simple and easy words that kids can learn.Consider the following examples:Boom, Boom, Ain't it Great to be Crazy?A horse and a flea and three blind miceSat on a tombstone shooting dice.The horse slipped and fell on the flea-"Oops! said the flea, there's a horse on me!"&This Old ManThis old man, he played one,He played knick knack with his thumb,With a knick, knack, paddy whack,GThis old man came rolling home.Stanzas in PoetryHere are the first stanzas of some poems that are recognized and widely respected: &The Road Not Taken by Robert FrostTwo roads diverged in a yellow wood,And sorry I could not travel bothAnd be one traveler, long I stoodAnd looked down one as far as I couldTo where it ben&The Daisy Follows Soft the Sun by Emily DickensonThe daisy follows soft the sun,And when his golden walk is done,Sits shyly at his feet.He, waking, finds the flower near."Wherefore, marauder, art thou here?""Because, sir, love is sweet!"&I Had a Guinea Golden by Emily DickensonII lost it in the sand,And though the sum was simple,And pounds were in the land,Still had it such a valueUnto my frugal eye,That when I could not find itI sat me down to sigh.&Do Not Go Gentle Into that Good Night by Dylan ThomasDo not go gentle into that good night,Old age should burn and Rage, rage against the dying of the light&As time progresses you will be able to see how easy it is to identify a stanza in both poetry and song. In due time, you will become a master at writing poetry and identifying stanzas.&
Do you have a good example to share? Add your example here.
Please enable JavaScript to view the
Stanza Examples
Follow YourDictionary
Join YourDictionary today
Create and save customized word lists. Sign up today and start improving your vocabulary!
Please set a username for yourself.
People will see it as Author Name with your public word lists.English poetry英国诗歌简介_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
English poetry英国诗歌简介
上传于||文档简介
&&E​n​g​l​i​s​h​ ​p​o​e​t​r​y​英​国​诗​歌​简​介​,​英​文​。
大小:1.70MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢}

我要回帖

更多关于 spenserian stanza 的文章

更多推荐