其他类似问题
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。Examples of Personification
Everyone knows what a person is, but do you know what
is? Personification is a type of metaphor and a common literary tool. It is when you assign the qualities of a person to something that isn't human or that isn't even alive, like nature or emotions. There are many reasons for using personification. It can be used as a method of describing something so that others can more easily understand it. It can be used to emphasize a point. It can be used to help paint a picture in your mind. You may in fact use personification without even knowing it.
There is often confusion between personification and anthropomorphism. While personification means giving an object or animal human characteristics to create interesting imagery & as in nursery rhymes like "Hey Diddle Diddle," where "the little dog laughed to see such fun" & anthropomorphism means making an object or animal act and look like they are human, as in Peter Rabbit.
Personification Examples in Literature
Personification is often found in literature and poetry. Some examples include:
"Two Sunflowers Move into the Yellow Room" by Nancy Willard
&Ah, William, we&re weary of weather,& said the sunflowers, shining with dew. &Our traveling habits have tired us. Can you give us a room with a view?& They arranged themselves at the window and counted the steps of the sun, and they both took root in the carpet where the topaz tortoises run.
In this poem, the sunflowers are talking to the poet William Blake. They are tired of being outside and tell him that they want to be moved. We know that sunflowers cannot be tired or talk so Willard uses personification to give them these attributes.
"I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud" by William Wordsworth
"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
This poem brings the beauty and tranquility of nature to life. The daffodils are personified as a crowd of people dancing, while Wordsworth floats like a cloud enjoying the show.
Personification can also be found in literature. William Shakespeare uses it throughout Romeo and Juliet. One example is in Act 2 when Friar Lawrence is picking flowers for his various potions. He says:
"The grey-ey'd morn smiles on the frowning night, Check'ring the Eastern clouds with streaks of light."
In describing the morning as smiling at the night he is personifying the morning and establishing a romantic setting for Romeo and Juliet's love to unfold.
50 Ways to Use Personification
The following sentences use the personification technique. See if you can identify which part of the word or phrase is the personification. The answers are below:
1. The stars danced playfully in the moonlit sky.
26. While making my way to my car, it appeared to smile at me mischievously.
2. The run-down house appeared depressed.
27. The car, painted lime green, raced by screaming for attention.
3. The first rays of morning tiptoed through the meadow.
28. The butterflies in the meadow seemed to two-step with one another.
4. She did not realize that opportunity was knocking at her door.
29. The waffle jumped up out of the toaster.
5. He did not realize that his last chance was walking out the door.
30.The popcorn leapt out of the bowl.
6. The bees played hide and seek with the flowers as they buzzed from one to another.
31. When the DVD went on sale, it flew off the shelves.
7. The wind howled its mighty objection.
32. I tripped because the curb jumped out in front of me.
8. The snow swaddled the earth like a mother would her infant child.
33. Time creeps up on you.
9. The river swallowed the earth as the water continued to rise higher and higher.
34. The news took me by surprise.
10. Time flew and before we knew it, it was time for me to go home.
35. The fire ran wild.
11. The ocean waves lashed out at the boat and the storm continued to brew.
36. The thunder clapped angrily in the distance.
12. My computer throws a fit every time I try to use it.
37. The tornado ran through town without a care.
13. The thunder grumbled like an old man.
38. The door protested as it opened slowly.
14. The flowers waltzed in the gentle breeze.
39. The evil tree was lurking in the shadows.
15. Her life passed her by.
40. The tree branch moaned as I swung from it.
16. The sun glared down at me from the sky.
41. Time marches to the beat of its own drum.
17. The moon winked at me through the clouds above.
42. The storm attacked the town with great rage.
18. The wind sang through the meadow.
43. My life came screeching to a halt.
19. The car was suffering and was in need of some TLC.
44. The baseball screamed all the way into the outfield.
20. At precisely 6:30 am my alarm clock sprang to life.
45. The blizzard swallowed the town.
21. The window panes were talking as the wind blew through them.
46. The tsunami raced towards the coastline.
22. The ocean danced in the moonlight.
47. The avalanche devoured everything in its path.
23. The words appeared to leap off of the paper as she read the story.
48. The pistol glared at me from its holster.
24. The phone awakened with a mighty ring.
49. The car beckoned me from across the showroom.
25. The funeral raced by me in a blur.
50. I could hear Hawaii calling my name.
Did you identify the personification in the examples above? The human trait assigned to the subject is in bold here. The subject being personified is underlined.
1. The stars danced playfully in the moonlit sky.
26. While making my way to my car, it smiled at me mischievously.
2. The run-down house appeared depressed.
27. The car, painted lime green, raced by screaming for attention.
3. The first rays of morning tiptoed through the meadow.
28. The butterflies in the meadow seemed to two-step with one another.
4. She did not realize that opportunity was knocking at her door.
29. The waffle jumped up out of the toaster.
5. He did not realize that his last chance was walking out the door.
30. The popcorn leapt out of the bowl.
6. The bees played hide and seek with the flowers as they buzzed from one to another.
31. When the DVD went on sale, it flew off the shelves.
7. The wind howled its mighty objection.
32. I tripped because the curb jumped out in front of me.
8. The snow swaddled the earth like a mother would her infant child.
33. Time creeps up on you.
9. The river swallowed the earth as the water continued to rise higher and higher.
34. The news took me by surprise.
10. Time flew and before we knew it, it was time for me to go home.
35. The fire ran wild.
11. The ocean waves lashed out at the boat and the storm continued to brew.
36. The thunder clapped angrily in the distance.
12. My computer throws a fit every time I try to use it.
37. The tornado ran through town without a care.
13. The thunder grumbled like an old man.
38. The door protested as it opened slowly.
14. The flowers waltzed in the gentle breeze.
39. The evil tree was lurking in the shadows.
15. Her life passed her by.
40. The tree branch moaned as I swung from it.
16. The sun glared down at me from the sky.
41. Time marches to the beat of its own drum.
17. The moon winked at me through the clouds above.
42. The storm attacked the town with great rage.
18. The wind sang through the meadow.
43. My life came screeching to a halt.
19. The car was suffering and was in need of some TLC.
44. The baseball screamed all the way into the outfield.
20. At precisely 6:30 am my alarm clock sprang to life.
45. The blizzard swallowed the town.
21. The window panes were talking as the wind blew through them.
46. The tsunami raced towards the coastline.
22. The ocean danced in the moonlight.
47. The avalanche devoured everything in its path.
23. The words leapt off of the paper as she read the story.
48. The pistol glared at me from its holster.
24. The phone awakened with a mighty ring.
49. The car beckoned me from across the showroom.
25. The funeral raced by me in a blur.
50. I could hear Hawaii calling my name.
Purpose of Personification
As seen by the examples above, personification is used to assign human qualities to things that are not human, but it does not make them behave like a human. The purpose of this figurative language is to bring inanimate things to life to better explain them. Writers often use personification to make their writing more vivid and to have the reader understand the object or animal in a better way.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright (C) 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
"Examples of Personification." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 15 May 2018. &http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-personification.html&.
Examples of Personification. (n.d.). Retrieved May 15th, 2018, from http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-personification.html
Do you have a good example to share? Add your example here.
Please enable JavaScript to view the
Examples of Personification
By YourDictionary
Everyone knows what a person is, but do you know what personification is? Personification is a type of metaphor and a common literary tool. It is when you assign the qualities of a person to something that isn't human or that isn't even alive, like nature or emotions. There are many reasons for using personification. It can be used as a method of describing something so that others can more easily understand it. It can be used to emphasize a point. It can be used to help paint a picture in your mind. You may in fact use personification without even knowing it.
Examples of Personification
Follow YourDictionary
Join YourDictionary today
Create and save customized flash cards. Sign up today and start improving your vocabulary!【图片】开个专门求资源的帖~【queen吧】_百度贴吧
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&签到排名:今日本吧第个签到,本吧因你更精彩,明天继续来努力!
本吧签到人数:0成为超级会员,使用一键签到本月漏签0次!成为超级会员,赠送8张补签卡连续签到:天&&累计签到:天超级会员单次开通12个月以上,赠送连续签到卡3张
关注:8,031贴子:
开个专门求资源的帖~收藏
为了更好的服务广大吧友并精简版面,这个帖子用于求外国音乐资源以及发布资源介绍,包括音频视频(非QUEEN相关亦可),请注意以下几点:1. 鉴于网盘大小和上传速度,请不要求常见的资源,尽量是求确实不好找的,容易搜到下载的就不要求了~2. 不要求压根没有或者还没有发行的东西,我也变不出来。。3. 求的资源尽量说清楚具体内容,或者简单介绍下~4. 目前只能提供迅雷快传或者群共享下载~5. 这个帖子旨在大家互帮互助,肯定无法做到有求必应,一个人的力量是有限的,如果谁能提供所求资源,也请无私奉献~6. 上传速度有限,请耐心等待~OK, here we go!
皇后镇坐落在水晶般澄澈的瓦卡蒂普湖畔,四周环绕雄伟群山.皇后镇是国际公认的世界著名度假胜地,他的魅力,只有去过才知道!
@我是金属狂人QUEEN ON FIRE AT THE BOWLDVDRIP版本:DVD版本:
Bohemian Rhapsody Multitrack Wav文件~
巧克力等大神是困吧爱音乐人士的福音
多谢楼主。群策群力。把Queen推广到全宇宙。
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE TV SHOW上的表演,两首歌Crazy little thing called love 和 Under pressure之前在群共享分享过,但下载的人不多,所以拿出来再次分享,值得一看~kuai.xunlei.com/d/HSXMZSJARTAJ
感谢楼主。其实我很憧憬高清版的76年海德。
活雷锋巧克力,顶一个
517通信狂欢节,queen,好礼不停!买阿里宝卡送天猫精灵,更有全年底价百兆宽带!517通信狂欢节,智能你的生活.
关于LIVE AID字幕的问题~之前分享的LIVE AID 1985 DVDRIP版本 这个版本的字幕非英文~下面分享的是DVD版本,有兴趣的朋友可以下载~DVD1:
DVD2: DVD3: DVD4: 这个DVD版本配有英语字幕~注意字幕只是一些讲话时有字幕,歌词并没有字幕~
爱人么么哒
蒙特利尔高清720P的MP4文件,质量足矣,大小1,75G,相比网上从几G到几十G的众多版本来说,这个版本很方便划算~kuai.xunlei.com/d/HIZXTTUVQTWW
这次更新 QUEEN 的15张录音室专辑,为2011年发行的40th Anniversary Royal Orb Limited Edition USB Gift Box (24-bit) ()无损FLAC版本~01 - Queen (1973)01. Keep Yourself Alive02. Doing All Right03. Great King Rat04. My Fairy King05. Liar06. The Night Comes Down07. Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll08. Son And Daughter09. Jesus10. Seven Seas Of Rhye 02 - Queen II (1974)01. Procession02. Father To Son03. White Queen (As It Began)04. Some Day One Day05. The Loser In The End06. Ogre Battle07. The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke08. Nevermore09. The March Of The Black Queen10. Funny How Love Is11. Seven Seas Of Rhye 03 - Sheer Heart Attack (1974)01. Brighton Rock02. Killer Queen03. Tenement Funster04. Flick Of The Wrist05. Lily Of The Valley06. Now I'm Here07. In The Lap Of The Gods08. Stone Cold Crazy09. Dear Friends10. Misfire11. Bring Back That Leroy Brown12. She Makes Me (Stormtrooper In Stilettos)13. In The Lap Of The Gods ... Revisited 04 - A Night at the Opera (1975)01. Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To...)02. Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon03. I'm In Love With My Car04. You're My Best Friend05. '3906. Sweet Lady07. Seaside Rendezvous08. The Prophet's Song09. Love of My Life10. Good Company11. Bohemian Rhapsody12. God Save The Queen 05 - A Day at the Races (1976)01. Tie Your Mother Down02. You Take My Breath Away03. Long Away04. The Millionaire Waltz05. You And I06. Somebody To Love07. White Man08. Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy09. Drowse10. Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together) 06 - News of the World (1977)01. We Will Rock You02. We Are The Champions03. Sheer Heart Attack04. All Dead, All Dead05. Spread Your Wings06. Fight From The Inside07. Get Down, Make Love08. Sleeping On The Sidewalk09. Who Needs You10. It's Late11. My Melancholy Blues
07 - Jazz (1978)01. Mustapha02. Fat Bottomed Girls03. Jealousy04. Bicycle Race05. If You Can't Beat Them06. Let Me Entertain You07. Dead On Time08. In Only Seven Days09. Dreamer's Ball10. Fun It11. Leaving Home Ain't Easy12. Don't Stop Me Now13. More Of That Jazz 08 - Flash Gordon (1980)01. Flash's Theme02. In The Space Capsule (The Love Theme)03. Ming's Theme (In The Court Of Ming The Merciless)04. The Ring (Hypnotic Seduction Of Dale)05. Football Fight06. In The Death Cell (The Love Theme Reprise)07. Execution Of Flash08. The Kiss (Aura Resurrects Flash)09. Arboria (Planet Of The Tree Men)10. Escape From The Swamp11. Flash To The Rescue12. Vultan's Theme (Attack Of The Hawk Men)13. Battle Theme14. The Wedding March15. Marriage Of Dale And Ming (And Flash Approaching)16. Crash Dive On Mingo City17. Flash's Theme Reprise (Victory Celebrations)18. The Hero 09 - The Game (1980)01. Play The Game02. Dragon Attack03. Another One Bites the Dust04. Need Your Loving Tonight05. Crazy Little Thing Called Love06. Rock It (prime jive)07. Don't Try Suicide08. Sail Away Sweet Sister09. Coming Soon10. Save Me 10 - Hot Space (1982)01. Staying Power02. Dancer03. Back Chat04. Body Language05. Action This Day06. Put Out The Fire07. Life Is Real (Song for Lennon)08. Calling All Girls09. Las Palabras De Amor (The Words of Love)10. Cool Cat11. Under Pressure 11 - The Works (1984)01. Radio Ga Ga02. Tear It Up03. It's a Hard Life04. Man on the Prowl05. Machines (Back to Humans)06. I Want to Break Free07. Keep Passing the Open Windows08. Hammer to Fall09. Is This the World We Created...? 12 - A Kind of Magic (1986)
01. One Vision02. A Kind Of Magic03. One Year Of Love04. Pain Is So Close To Pleasure05. Friends Will Be Friends06. Who Wants To Live Forever07. Gimme The Prize08. Don't Lose Your Head09. Princes Of The Universe 13 - The Miracle (1989)01. Party02. Khashoggi's Ship03. The Miracle04. I Want It All05. The Invisible Man06. Breakthru07. Rain Must Fall08. Scandal09. My Baby Does Me10. Was It All Worth It 14 - Innuendo (1991)01. Innuendo02. I'm Going Slightly Mad03. Headlong04. I Can't Live With You05. Don't Try So Hard06. Ride The Willd Wind07. All God's People08. These Are The Days Of Our Lives09. Delilah10. The Hitman11. Bijou12. The Show Must Go On 15 - Made in Heaven (1995)01. It's A Beautiful Day02. Made In Heaven03. Let Me Live04. Mother Love05. My Life Has Been Saved06. I Was Born To Love You07. Heaven For Everyone08. Too Much Love Will Kill You09. You Don't Fool Me10. A Winter's Tale11. It's A Beautiful Day (reprise)12. (Yeah)13. (Dead)
各位久等了,THE GREAT PRETENDER 来咯~ 1080P的高清~说明一下,目前只有这个版本,播放时常是80多分钟,没有字幕,跟亚马逊标注的107分钟时长和4国语言字幕有出入,所以想解渴的朋友先下这个版本吧,以后有更全的版本再发~
几个 Greatest Hits II:1. 2011 Remastered MP3 3202. 2011 Remaster FLAC3. 1991 MP3 320 4. 1991 WAV
请问有无这个 Queen - ‘White Queen’ (As It Began) [Langham Studio Session 1974]我在一个粉丝博客听到后非常喜欢,但是无法下载。
把我发过的资源介绍帖子列个索引,方便查看~LIVE AID 1985 完整版 和 Freddie 致敬演唱会 迅雷快传下载~Barcelona - 25周年纪念版~A Night of Queen 2012群共享更新大批QUEEN演唱会音频~群内更新 Queen Live 大合集 67-08 Mp3 320K 目录各位,强烈推荐入群下载QUEEN77年BBC电台专访录音!!群内更新2011Remaster全部15张和GH 12 Flac双碟版
下面更新下 QUEEN 的一些卡拉OK音频,喜欢的朋友可以掀起新一轮翻唱高潮~1. Freddie Mercury - The Instrumentals MP32. Queen karaoke mp3 31 songs MP33. Queen - Greatest Karaoke Hits FLAC
又一张致敬专辑,弦乐四重奏,喜欢提琴的朋友们可以欣赏下~The String Quartet Tribute to Queenkuai.xunlei.com/d/HVCMIEWDMAPI
必须顶啊!
@以太猫_ 美国偶像第5季QUEEN WEEKkuai.xunlei.com/d/HLAGADHNMTDZ第11季QUEEN WEEKkuai.xunlei.com/d/HTBEQKHOJHTS
巧克力 我想求这场的DVD和CD我是有在utube找到360p的 不知道有没有比较正式的档The Jeff Scott Soto Queen Live Concert Convention 2003
呀吼,蓝光的 Hungarian Rhapsody - Live in Budapest 来了~34.1G 所以只给种子文件了~迅雷快传到16号暂时停止上传,所以请到群共享下载~
群共享更新一个今年10月份在BBC ONE上播出的纪录片,MP4文件,729MB~
Queen - Hungarian Rhapsody (2012) Mp3 320K群共享亦可下载~
登录百度帐号求Don Diablo - Children Of A Miracle MP3百度云_百度知道
求Don Diablo - Children Of A Miracle MP3百度云
求Don Diablo - Children Of A Miracle MP3百度云
我有更好的答案
Don Diablo & Marnik - Children Of A Miracle歌曲已分享到你的百度网盘登陆百度网盘点分享查收哦同求资源的请去百度提问问题地址发我百度私信
采纳率:90%
来自团队:
Don Diablo - Children Of A Miracle MP3文件已经发到你的百度知道私信请及时查收
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。We are what we do | MeetupWhat do you love?Do more of it with MeetupJoin a movementLearn to cookTrain for a marathonBuild a mobile appHike a mountainPractice a languageExplore by categoryHow Meetup WorksFind a MeetupDiscover local Meetups for all the things you love.Create a MeetupCreate your own Meetup, and draw from a community of millions.Get the app}

我要回帖

更多关于 shape of miracle网盘 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信