想请教你,so be beprepared歌词为什么不用so should be beprepared歌词?

Eric was well prepared for the computer test so that he could be positive about passing it on h..._百度知道
Eric was well prepared for the computer test so that he could be positive about passing it on h...
Ericwaswellpreparedforthecomputertestsothathecouldbepositiveaboutpassingitonhisfirst________.A.intentionB.attemptC.purposeD.desire...
Eric was well prepared for the computer test so that he could be positive about passing it on his first________.
A.intention
B.attempt
C.purpose
答题抽奖
首次认真答题后
即可获得3次抽奖机会,100%中奖。
我是微凉47
我是微凉47
采纳数:72
获赞数:82
擅长:暂未定制
句意为:艾瑞克为这次计算机考试做好了充分准备,以便有把握一次通过。attempt尝试;企图;intention意图;打算,一般用于with the intention of doing结构,作目的状语;purpose目的, on purpose故意地;desire渴望;欲望,结构为 desire to do sth。
为你推荐:
其他类似问题
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。Wanderlust calling?Easily recognised by their fuzzy grey fur, pink faces and short stubby tails, these lovable creatures visit the hot springs all year round."To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give, to roam the roads of lands remove, to travel is to live."- Hans Christian Andersen -by Jaclynn SeahDongshan, Yilan. Photo by
via The Occasional TravellerTired of the chaos of Taipei City? Just an hour away by bus or train is Yilan, a county on the northeastern coast of Taiwan that&s the perfect place to chill out and get away from the bustling city for a bit. Here are some of my favourite things to do in Yilan.Visit an island shaped like a turtleGuishan Island. Photo by
via Pixabay is also known as Turtle island because of its uncanny resemblance to, obviously, a turtle. It&s one of the first landmarks you will see off Yilan&s coast as you emerge from the Xueshan tunnel from Taipei. Guishan Island is Taiwan&s only active volcano and if you are lucky, you can spot (and smell) the sulphuric water bubbling to the surface of the sea, creating an unusual milky-blue swirl in the waters around the&&head& of the turtle.Access to the island is limited & you need to apply for a permit to set foot on this now uninhabited island, but you can easily take a boat tour around the island and look out for dolphins and if you are extremely lucky, even a whale or two.&&Photo by
via FlickrBoats leave from Wushi Harbour in Toucheng, right in front of the unusual Lanyang Museum which looks like it&s half-sunken into the ground. Built to pay tribute to the surrounding rock structure, the museum exhibits tell a story on how Yilan&s natural landscape developed.Sip some award winning whiskyKavalan Whisky Distillery. Photo by
via PixabayTaiwan might not be the first name that comes to mind when talking about Whisky, but the
in the Yuanshan district is an international name, attracting visitors from all over the world eager to taste their award-winning brew, which they attribute to the purity of the water used in the distilling process from the surrounding mountain springs.Walk along the long corridors of the distillery that offer a peek at the machinery and processes that go into distilling the perfect blend of whisky. Most people make a beeline for the free tasting sessions every half hour where you get to sip a free sample of whisky, but I suggest paying for the premium tasting sessions where you get to taste their top range in a nice quiet room as compared to the bustling main tasting hall, or blend your own bottle of whisky to your preferred taste as the perfect souvenir to take home with you.If you&re still up for a drink after the tasting,
is just down the road from the distillery, where you can grab a bite and pick up some locally brewed craft beers.Indulge in both hot and cold springsSu&ao Cold Springs. Photo by
via The Occasional TravellerFor a dip in some traditional hot springs, head up to Jiaoxi where you can soak in your fill of its sodium bicarbonate hot springs any time of the year. Stay overnight in any one of the hot spring hotels for a relaxing experience in your own private pool.&If you are looking to cool down quick during the hot summer months, Su&ao is home to a rare carbonic water cold spring. Temperatures hover at a cool 22&C throughout the year and the water is thought to have beautifying properties on the skin. If you so desire, you can even drink this cold bubbly spring water (fresh sparkling water, anyone?)Eat your fill of local delightsLuodong Night Market. Photo by
via FlickrLuodong Night Market is famous for its size and the best place to pick up Yilan speciality delicacies, like the famous peanut spring roll & ice cream springled with peanuts and a sprig of coriander wrapped in a skin, spring onion pancake with delicious Sanxing district grown spring onions & or a delicious bowl of mutton soup just to name a few.Yilan City also has its own night market & Dongmen Night Market & located partially under the highway, but it is much smaller than Luodong&s.How to get to Yilan from TaipeiFrom Taipei City, it&s about a 50 minute drive to get to Yilan. Take
buses and stop at either Yilan or Luodong. You can also take the
train though it takes slightly longer.About the author:Jaclynn Seah is The Occasional Traveller, constantly trying to balance work and wanderlust and inspiring other busy professionals to remember to take that time off and travel more. She is an avid solo indie travel lover & read about her adventures at
or follow her on
or &for more travel inspiration.There&s beauty and madness in hiking in the dark: beauty because you are free from seeing, literally, the difficulty ahead & and madness because you can&t spot your foot let alone your next step. Yet, on a recent pitch-black morning, that&s the juxtaposition my husband and I faced as we scaled the side of Kawah Ijen, an active volcano in Indonesia&s East Java that soars some 9,100 feet into the air, with a crystal-blue sulfuric lake smack in the center of its 2,369-foot-wide crater.As we started on the steep path from the parking lot, a single dim headlamp between us, I turned to my husband and whined, &This better be worth it.&It was.There were points along the path & which, by Indonesian standards, was quite safe & that I thought I might quit. That I needed to quit. I stumbled in the dark, and lost my breath more often than I caught it. I even begged my husband to go ahead of me to spare me the shame of struggling so much to ascend to the summit of this massive mountain that I couldn&t see.Sulfur miners, who handily walk the same path every morning before sunrise to scour the lake for hunks of sulfur, passed me on their way down. Some pointed and laughed at my exhaustion. I considered turning around, embarrassed and at times questioning my sanity.Then, the sunrise peeked out from behind two nearby mountains, and a pink line, straight as a ruler, reached out across their peaks. Above that line, the trees shimme below it, they remained cast in complete darkness. It was the most beautiful sunrise I had ever seen, and in that light I found my way to the top.I rounded a bend and the thick clouds & paired with the pungent smell of sulfuric acid & hit me before I could make out the drop of the crater&s rim. But there it was: a jagged, 660-foot-deep pit, with a still pool of water the color of a White Walker&s ice-blue eyes. With a sulfuric acid concentration of 0.13, the lake is too treacherous to touch or to sail, but from above, perched uncomfortably on the edge of a white-washed, sandy rock, the lake looks serene, as if an idyllic afternoon could be spent on its calm waters, in the safety of a canoe.Related: In the light of the sun & or perhaps in the intoxication of the sulfur fumes & I came to see the trek not as treacherous but as thrilling.Less than 24 hours before, my husband and I had ascended to the rim of another active volcano: Mount Bromo, a 7,641-foot-tall crater in the center of what the Indonesians call Lautan Pasir, or &Sea of Sand.& Indeed, the flat plain on which our jeep parked was a desert in the middle of the lush jungle that is Java, so gritty and windy it was almost alien-like. From there, we hiked up a feeble staircase to the top of the mountain, where a knee-high railing separated us from the black lava bubbling below. Mount Bromo last erupted in 2015, Ijen has remained quiet since 1999.There, the path around the rim was, at some points, just a foot wide, with two-way traffic & eager Instagrammers angling for a shot among more experienced hikers & making the trail feel even thinner, more dangerous, despite the daylight. The railing protected us from the lava, but left us exposed to the backside of the rocky mountain, just a single misstep to a quick but surely painful death. Ijen, then, by comparison, was more much peaceful and calming.Back on Ijen&s rim, I turned to my husband. &This was worth it,& I said. &It really, really was.&The never-ending grind of the 9-to-5 life can be quite exhausting. Even with a job you love, it&s still
a good idea to take a little break every once in a while. After all, there&s so much to experience in the big blue planet of ours! From secluded far-away beaches to outstanding architectural wonders, here are 10 amazing locations from around the world we&d much rather be at than in an office cubicle.
(Warning: these remarkable destinations may cause serve cases of wanderlust and &fear of missing out&. Extremely NSFW!)
1. Chilling in a hammock on a tropical beach resort in Koh Chang, Thailand.
2. Getting your glam on in this luxury safari tent in KwaZulu Natal Province, South Africa.
3. Catching the New Zealand sunrise from the back of a camper van. 4. Cruising down the Okazaki Canal in springtime.&5. Riding a camel across the Moroccan desert.&6. Having a slice of pizza by the ancient city of Matera, Italy.&7. Picking grapes in the vineyards of Napa Valley, California.&8. Exploring the medieval town of Carcassone in France.&9. Sipping wine and killin& time while overlooking the Matterhorn mountain in the Swiss Alps.&10. Kayaking through the brilliant blue glacier caves of Valdez, Alaska.&by Jaclynn SeahPhoto by
via UnsplashLake Bled is a beautiful alpine lake that is home to Slovenia&s only island known as Bled Island, a tiny piece of land surrounded by turquoise blue waters. The picturesque alpine Lake and its island may have entranced generations of visitors to northwestern Slovenia with its beauty, but it is the many legends and stories passed down through generations that keep people going back for more.Photo by
via UnsplashBled Island is home to the Assumption of Mary Church, built in the 17th century with a distinctive tower spire that looks almost like a fairytale castle from a distance. Once upon a time, the island paid homage to a different woman - the pagan Slavic goddess and fairy queen Ziva. Legend goes that this area was once a large lush valley with a hill, and when the local farmers angered its fairy occupants by letting their sheep graze upon the precious grass of the valley, the fairies conjured up water the flooded the valley, forming what we know today as the lake, with the hill becoming Bled Island.Photo by
via UnsplashIn the summer, most take the chance to rent a pletna, a traditional wooden rowboat, and enjoy a pleasant afternoon on the lake. Those who do land on the island will find 99 stone steps leading them up to the church, the same route that newlyweds must navigate to get married in this beautiful baroque church, with the groom carrying his bride all the way up as tradition dictates.Take the chance to have a dip in the waters of Lake Bled if you can, a cool 23&C all year round and renowned for its healing powers. In the 1800s, Swiss hydropath Arnold Rikli discovered the natural healing qualities of the water and surrounding climate, and turned Lake Bled into one of the most popular spa tourism spots in Europe.&Photo by
via UnsplashThe church is home to a special wishing bell above the church nave that dates back to 1534 and grants wishes to anyone who believed in God and rings it three times. Couples today traditionally ring it for a long-lasting marriage, but legend says that this is actually the second bell & the first bell was cast for the late husband of a young widow who lived in Bled Castle overlooking the lake. A storm sank the boat transporting the bell and its entire crew into the lake, and it is said that you can still hear that bell tolling from its sunken depths.About the author:Jaclynn Seah is The Occasional Traveller, constantly trying to balance work and wanderlust and inspiring other busy professionals to remember to take that time off and travel more. She is an avid solo indie travel lover & read about her adventures at
or follow her on
or& for more travel inspiration.While headlines on the addictive properties of cheese are probably overblown, there&s no arguing that cheese, like love, can spur irrational behavior. And if you&re a cheese lover, you know that good cheese is worth dropping everything for.
Luckily, we&ve rounded up ten destination restaurants around the world that are more than enough cheesy inspiration to plan a trip around & from sake and cheese pairings in Australia to a hidden pasta spot inside Rome&s best latteria.
Bonus: several of these are connected to a cheese shop, so you can both eat cheese on site and buy some to enjoy at home. (Pssst&if you&re taking cheese on a plane, see if they&ll vacuum seal it for you, and remember that harder cheeses are best & lower moisture content means they&re sturdier for travel).
Read on for 10 cheese-centric restaurants around the world that every cheese-lover should start packing their bags to visit.goat.sheep.cow. & Charleston, South CarolinaThere are many reasons to visit
now, but the cheese at
is reason enough. You can shop for take-home cheese at either of the two locations, but the natural-light-filled (read: totally Instagramable) dining room at
also serves up seasonal soups, salads, a daily quiche, and cheese and charcuterie boards. Take a turn around the shop, tasting cheese as you go (try the water buffalo parm!), then have a leisurely cheese-filled lunch. Pair the ricotta and truffle ham tartine with chilled asparagus soup, especially refreshing on a hot Charleston day. .Source: Travel+LeisureAstier & Paris, a lovely neighborhood bistro in the 11th arrondissement, is not attached to a cheese shop & nor does the kitchen use cheese in every dish (or even most dishes). Why, then, is it on this list? Everything is delicious, sure & order the soup of the day and you&ll understand how decadent a vegetable soup can be & and the service is pleasant and attentive. But you know the feeling when you&re reading a cheese list and think, &Why can&t I just try everything?& Well, at Astier, you can!Just go with their famous cheese plate & or, as we like to call it, the &gimme all the cheese" special. They&ll bring over a truly massive platter overflowing with gorgeous hunks of French fromage; hack off whatever you want and enjoy in gluttonous bliss. .Source: Travel+LeisureBar Pastoral & Chicago has several restaurants and retail outlets throughout , all known for their wonderful wine and cheese. For the best cheese lover&s dining experience, though, go to Bar Pastoral in the North Side neighborhood of Lakeview. While there are fancier restaurants in the Pastoral family,
offers a wide cheese menu & try the toasty, herbaceous Dalmatinac from Croatia & plus tasty starters, shared plates, and entr&es served up in a cozy, welcoming space. The knowledgeable staff at this neighborhood bistro are happy to bestow their wisdom to curious customers. Plus, pair your bottomless mimosas with cheesy dishes like lamb hash with Raclette. . Source: Travel+LeisureBeppe e i Suoi Formaggi & Rome for loving the cheese shop at
& which translates, literally, to &Beppe and his cheeses& & but if you miss the little eight-table restaurant inside, you&re missing one of the best cheese experiences that Rome has to offer. Not only can you order boards of Beppe&s incredible hand-made Piemontese cheeses, paired with your favorite wine, but you&ll also find marvelous bread, seasonal vegetable dishes, and a delightful, ever-changing pasta list with options like spinach agnolotti and house-made ricotta. Visitors in autumn, truffle season in Italy, can look forward to fresh truffle shavings at every turn & and, no matter the season, be sure to save room for the otherworldly chocolate mousse. .Source: Travel+LeisureCasellula & New York CityA hidden gem in gritty , cozy
stocks over 40 types of hand-made cheeses from around the world, with expert cheesemongers on hand to talk you through your options. They&re famous among locals for their macaroni and cheese (Comt&, ch&vre, and Emmenthaler) and their delightfully-named &Pig&s Ass& sandwich, with ham and pulled pork topped with Vermont cheddar. Plus, the restaurant is an average of eight blocks away from most Broadway shows & and open until 1 am every day, making it perfect for a post-theater cheese feast. .Source: Travel+LeisureThe Cheese Bar & LondonLondon&s restaurant scene is one of the finest in the world, with a cheese scene to match. So why
over other great spots? This tiny chef&s table in Camden market offers classic cheesy dishes and English favorites, all made with the best . Sit down around the communal bar and take your pick!The Cheese Bar serves a marvelous British cheese board, of course, but there&s more where that came from. For blue cheese lovers, there&s a blue cheese raclette served with corned beef. Adventurous eaters should try the the scotch egg, made with haggis and Ogleshield (think a more asparagus-y Raclette); for everyone else, there&s a range of delicious grilled cheeses, consistently voted some of the best in town. .Source: Travel+LeisureLa Cloche & Fromage & Strasbourg, FranceIf you&ve heard of the classic Strasbourg fromagerie , it might be because of its Guinness World Record: it once claimed the honor of creating the Largest Cheese Board in the World.Another good reason to know it? All-you-can-eat fondue and raclette, both of which are excellent. We also recommend the aligot & a dish of cheesy, stretchy mashed potatoes originating in the mountains of
& and the dessert omelet with fresh fruit. If you still haven&t had your fill, you can even go check out the caves where they age the cheese. .Source: Travel+LeisureSource: Travel+LeisureMilk the Cow & MelbourneIf you are worried about a possible cheese addiction, don&t look at the menu of
in . They&re known for their inventive cheese you can enjoy a selection of cheeses with classic pairings like wines, beers, or ciders & but you&ll also find flights that pair cheese with champagne, natural wine, and even sake. And whisky! And gin.Still not convinced? Check out the menu of small plates, including honeyed burrata, baked Camembert, and personal fondue pots. Even the signature cocktails are each garnished with their own perfectly paired bit of cheese. For especially cheesy celebrations, Milk the Cow can even prepare a wedding cake-style && to feed a crowd. .Source: Travel+LeisurePoncelet Cheese Bar & MadridWalking into spacious, elegant
is the cheese lover&s equivalent of that famous scene in &&& the one where Belle sees the Beast&s library for the first time. It&s magnificent, and we won&t blame you if you swoon while taking it all in.Inside, you&ll find a menu listing hundreds of cheeses, organized by country and pungency. Make sure to try Queso Uff, a custardy, beefy Spanish cheese almost impossible to find outside of Spain. There are also larger dishes that incorporate the cheeses in unexpected ways, like venison served over a Majorero goat cheese hummus. Poncelet is famous for their bombones de Manchego, a sherry gelatin confection filled with Manchego and topped with an almond cream (think an almondy, cheesy panna cotta). Going with someone who doesn&t love cheese quite as much as you do? Well, maybe don&t invite them next time & but Poncelet does have a non-cheese menu too. Source: Travel+LeisureSalt Tasting Room & VancouverLocated in Gastown & &s oldest neighborhood & the tiny
is a cheese-lover&s treasure. Every day, a new combination of cheeses, meats, and sides are on offer, along with a robust, locally-minded beverage list. We recommend the mead or sherry flight, or the delightful non-alcoholic flight with a selection of hand-mixed sodas. All the tapas-style sides are excellent, especially the meatballs. If you&re hungrier, our favorite is the "Italiano,& with plum conserva and duck confit over a generous serving of gorgonzola. .Source: Travel+LeisureBy Jaclynn SeahMost visitors looking to enjoy Southern Thailand&s beautiful beaches usually head to popular beach towns like Krabi or Koh Samui, but just a few hours away is the secluded Khanom, that not only sees much less crowds, but is home to the rare pink dolphin.Photo by
via WikicommonsLocated in Nakhon Si Thammarat along the gulf of Thailand, Khanom is an underrated destination that mostly receives domestic tourists who come to enjoy this quiet stretch of fine white sand beaches. Photo by Jaclynn Seah via The Occasional TravellerThe dolphins of Khanom can usually be found not far from the shoreline and they have lived in harmony with the local fishermen for years - the presence of dolphins is seen as a marker for water cleanliness and how polluted the waters might be.Pink dolphins aren&t actually a breed or species of their own - they are more properly known as the Indo Pacific Humpback Dolphins, and are mostly grey until they get old and start to lighten and turn pink. So seeing lots of pink dolphins is another sign that the waters are healthy and that the dolphins there live a long life.Photo by Jaclynn Seah via The Occasional TravellerMy group took a traditional long tailed boat out to try our luck spotting dolphins in the morning. This is the best time to go dolphin spotting as the water is calmer (great for those who get motion sickness) and it is easier to spot the dolphins in less choppy waters.As we passed by Lak Sor Bay and Tham Island en route to the dolphins, we passed by several cliff faces with impressive striations on their sides like giant layered rock cakes. These are known locally as the Pancake Rocks, ancient geological formations found to be created more than 2 million years ago according to fossils that scientists have found in those layers.Photo by Jaclynn Seah via The Occasional TravellerDolphin sightings are not a guarantee, and we spent awhile without a sighting, watching as the local fishermen went about their business hauling in nets, but finally& success! A dark grey fin popped out of the water in a graceful arc, and our little boat zipped over towards the movement, our boatmen careful not to get too close. Boat propellers have been known to injure the dolphins, and getting too close drives them further away from land.Dolphins usually swim in schools, so soon enough we spotted another few grey fins and noses poking out of the water around our boat. And there is a flash of pink - we spotted our first pink dolphin! In total we spotted about 20 dolphins that morning in various instances. Our guide told us that the population in Khanom is estimated to be about 60, so all in all we had a pretty good day.Photos by Jaclynn Seah via The Occasional TravellerAfter an exciting morning of dolphin spotting, our long tailed boat headed towards the tiny island of Nui Nok on the way back. The tide was receding and we jumped into knee-high water to walk to the island. Devotees come here to pay their respects to the shrine dedicated to Luang Pu Taud on top of the island, and also to check out the rather unusual spring on the island that is only exposed during low tide.Legend goes that the Luang Pu Taud&s ship had stopped on the island and the crew had run out of water. The devout monk prayed for help and stuck his foot into the water, and the water that flowed out from his footprint was freshwater! We took a sip and the water indeed was sweet, if slightly funky tasting.Photo by Jaclynn Seah via The Occasional TravellerAbout the author:Jaclynn Seah is The Occasional Traveller, constantly trying to balance work and wanderlust and inspiring other busy professionals to remember to take that time off and travel more. She is an avid solo indie travel lover & read about her adventures at
or follow her on
or &for more travel inspiration.Summer is heating up, but not everyone is so eager to head to the beach. The season can mean laying in the sand, soaking up rays, swimming in the surf, and lots of ice cream on the boardwalk for some people. For others, summer means sweat, sunburn, and fighting to find the nearest fan for just a moment of relief.
Hey, not everyone was built to withstand the sweltering heat. And luckily, we don&t all have to.
Earth is a big, diverse planet, so if you need a break from the higher temperatures at home, it might be time to get away. There are tons of fun and refreshing destinations for people who would rather play in the snow or feel a cool breeze than bake in the sun.
And you don&t even have to travel too far to cool off. Even parts of the U.S. and Canada have options for people who want to breathe in some mountain air, spot snow-capped peaks, or explore wildlife that thrives in the frozen tundra.
Of course, if you&re looking to go somewhere more exotic, ski bums the world over can head down to the Southern Hemisphere, where our summer is their winter. In New Zealand, Australia, and parts of South America, you will find some thrilling slopes.
You&ll be reaching for your suitcase when you see these incredibly cool (sometimes literally) places to visit& as long as you can part with your precious air conditioner.
As you&re packing your bags, skip the bathing suits and the tanning lotions, because these places do not require a &summer glow.&Source: Travel+LeisureCape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, CanadaIf you&re looking for a coastal getaway without the sunburn, consider Nova Scotia. Though it&s not the coldest spot on the list,
from mid-June to mid-September range from a cool and breezy 70 degrees to a warm but not too hot 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Plus, you can enjoy watching whales, dolphins, puffins, eagles, and seals while you&re there.Source: Travel+LeisureDenali National Park, AlaskaAlaska is the perfect place for people who are fans of mild summers. Instead of sweating it out on the beach, venture north to this stunning national park where the temperatures only peak in the 60s in the summer. Campers can explore the park&s 6 million acres and spot wildlife like moose, gray wolves, Dall&s sheep, and even reindeer.Source: Travel+LeisureSource: Travel+LeisureIcelandIceland maintains a pretty nice chill throughout the year, with average July temperatures in the southern part of the country around 50 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Even in summer, you can take a dip in a geothermal spring and take a .Source: Travel+LeisureSouth Georgia and the South Sandwich IslandsIf you&re truly an adventurer, set out to South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, located between South America and Antarctica, where you&re sure to beat the summer heat. This isn&t a place for any traveler: It&s
as there is nowhere for planes to land. But the trip is well worth it for animal lovers: you&ll see lots of seals and penguins. Source: Travel+LeisureNew ZealandDown below the equator, Earth&s seasons are flipped. So in New Zealand, you can enjoy winter weather in June, July, and August. It&s a skier&s paradise and a . Source: Travel+LeisureFalls Creek, AustraliaAustralian Alps ski resort
in Victoria is most active during Australia&s winter (our summer) months. Nearby in Melbourne, you can ditch action sports for nightlife, food, and amazing shopping. Source: Travel+LeisureGarz&n, UruguayNot everyone wants to go south of the equator to ski. Luckily, there are lots of other things to do in the Southern Hemisphere that don&t involve snow. In Uruguay, you can visit fantastic wineries in the middle of their winter season and go on hot air balloon rides to get a bird&s eye view of their one-of-a-kind landscape. You&ll likely find weather in the brisk but pleasant high 50s.Source: Travel+LeisurePatagonia, ArgentinaPatagonia is a popular hiking destination for most of the year, but the summertime (or rather, wintertime for Argentinians), is the perfect time to ski in the mountains. The average temperature is a chilly 35 degrees in July, so you can book a wintery vacation when the weather becomes sweltering for all of us in the Northern Hemisphere.Source: Travel+LeisureEaster Island, ChileHigh temperatures average in the mid-60s during the months of June, July, and August on , a territory of Chile. While you&re there, you can learn about the island&s fascinating history, including the nearly 900 long-faced statues, called moais, which represented the ancestors of Polynesians who came to the island thousands of years ago.Source: Travel+Leisureby Jaclynn SeahPhoto by
via FlickrMost Catholic churches in Europe consist of towering Gothic spires, colourful stained glass windows or intricate frescos of religious scenes, but at the , worshippers are greeted by the macabre sight of human bones from over 40,000 skeletons decorating the interior of this little Gothic-style chapel.Located in the suburbs of the medieval Czech Republic town Kutna Hora, Sedlec Ossuary is also nicknamed &the Bone Church& is one of the most visited tourist sights in the Czech Republic. The Sedlec Ossuary looks quite ordinary from the outside, but once you enter its doorway, it&s hard not to be wowed by the sheer number of skulls staring back at you as you walk through this chapel.Photo by
via FlickrBut it isn&t just the sheer number of bones that is impressive & how they are displayed is particularly eye-catching. There are piles of stacked skulls along the walls and in the corners, but also some rather creative objects constructed out of the human bones, like wall frescos, chalices and even a chandelier hanging from the arched ceiling.Where did all the bones come from?The Sedlec Ossuary started out as a burial ground in the 13th century, and thanks to the then-Abbot who brought back some holy soil from Jerusalem to bless the ground, it became a popular place to be buried. Combined with the the spate of deaths resulting from the plague in the following century, the burial ground was converted into an ossuary, where the bones of all the bodies are collectively placed into a container or room.&Photo by
via FlickrIn 1870, a woodcarver and carpenter Frantisek Rindt was employed by the aristocratic owners of the church to put it the place in order, and he was the one responsible for taking all the bones and skeletons lying around, bleaching them for a uniform colour and creating the artistic arrangements that you see in the chapel today. It is estimated that there are between 40,000 to 70,000 skeletons in the Sedlec Ossuary.Photo by
via FlickrWalking through the Sedlec Ossuary today is less creepy than one might imagine & you have to admire the imagination and creativity Rindt had in creating this impressive sight out of human skeletal remains. The giant bone chandelier apparently consists of at least one of every single human bone, and the giant coat of arms was created for the aristocratic owners of the church. Rindt has even proudly spelled out his name in bones as an artist signature.Visiting the Bone ChurchKutna Hora is located about an hour away from the capital city Prague & take the train to Kutna Hora-Sedlec station and take a short 10-minute walk to the Sedlec Ossuary.Photo by
via FlickrAbout the author:Jaclynn Seah is The Occasional Traveller, constantly trying to balance work and wanderlust and inspiring other busy professionals to remember to take that time off and travel more. She is an avid solo indie travel lover & read about her adventures at
or follow her on
or &for more travel inspiration.by Jaclynn SeahPhoto by Jaclynn Seah via The Occasional TravellerWhen you visit the islands of Zamami and Aka in Okinawa&s Kerama Island cluster, look out for a dog statue on each of the islands. These are the statues of two dogs called Shiro and Marilyn, and a tribute to a story of everlasting devotion.Who are Shiro and Marilyn?Shiro and Marilyn were two dogs that lived side-by-side on the island of Zamami and were inseparable, until one day in 1986 when Shiro&s owner moved their household over to the neighbouring island of Aka, a 15-minute ferry ride across the channel.Photo by Jaclynn Seah via The Occasional TravellerLove knows no distanceBut distance proved no barrier to Shiro, who would jump into the ocean every morning and was frequently sighted by island residents making the 3km swim across the channel between Aka and Zamami Island,&regardless of the weather or choppy sea, just to be reunited with his beloved Marilyn. Shiro did not forget his own family, and would return to them via that same arduous swim in the evening.&Shiro would make this journey every day until Marilyn passed away & the pair had three litters of puppies together despite the distance.A love immortalisedThis heartwarming story of devotion inspired a live action movie called &Marilyn Ni Aitai& or &I want to see Marilyn& in 1988, and in tribute to this steadfast love, the residents of both islands raised funds to build statues of both dogs and& erected them on their respective islands, both facing towards the ocean and each other.Photo by Jaclynn Seah via The Occasional TravellerThe Shiro statue can be found on Aka Island&s main beach Nishihama Beach, also where Shiro started his swim from every day.The Marilyn statue can be found Zamami Island about 10 minutes from the port in the direction of the Ama campsite.The Kerama Islands are 30-40km north of Okinawa&s largest island and capital city Naha. Several high speed ferries take about 1 hour to go from Naha&s Tomari port to Zamami and Aka Island every day.About the author:Jaclynn Seah is The Occasional Traveller, constantly trying to balance work and wanderlust and inspiring other busy professionals to remember to take that time off and travel more. She is an avid solo indie travel lover & read about her adventures at
or follow her on
for more travel inspiration.Does swimming with sharks stir your soul with adrenaline? Here are some useful hacks and facts should you ever get up close and personal with these majestic creatures.Image: Gettyimages1. Avoid swimming with sharks at dusk or dawn when they typically feed. These are the times when they&re more likely to be aggravated or be confused as to what&s food.
2. Sharks are very curious creatures and anything floating on the ocean surface attracts their attention. Enter the water swiftly and quietly to avoid frightening them or provoking a defensive attack.
3. Avoid swimming in murky water and stay away from caves and overhangs. If you can&t see them, they can&t see you and you don&t ever want to be caught unaware.
Image: Gettyimages4. Avoid looking like a seal. Paddling on a surfboard in a wetsuit and fins can give you a seal&s silhouette from a shark&s perspective.
5. Know what you&re dealing with. Be able to identify some of the more aggressive shark species so that you can make a gauge of the threat it is likely to pose.
6. It&s best to shark dive on sunny, clear days. It is difficult to see a shark in the shadows and may cause a shark to confuse you with prey.
7. Trust your instinct. Do not hesitate to abort a dive if the sharks are showing too much of interest in you. You might have to make a quick exit so remember not to drift too far away from the dive site.
8. Respect the sharks. They are naturally curious and may swim past or come close to you while diving. Never chase or swim towards them but always go around instead.
Image: Gettyimages9. The easiest way to get bitten by a shark is to touch one. It is a wild predator that will defend itself when threatened.
10. To encourage safe encounters with shark, take advantage of their natural curiosity by humming or clinking two rocks together. These simple techniques may lure a curious shark closer.
To catch pro-wrestler Ronda Rousey and survivalist Bear Grylls taking on their fiercest opponent to an in-depth look into shark conservation, check out the 30th anniversary of Discovery Channel&s Shark Week with a stellar line up of immersive shows that will explore all things sharks.&Image: Discover ChannelBy Aaron TanImage: GettyimagesVisiting Australia with the little ones? Sydney is more than just a playground for adults & with plenty of entertaining attractions, any kid is guaranteed to have a great time! Inject some fun into your holiday with these awesome activities both you and your youngling(s) can enjoy.
Parks and Recreation
Royal Botanic Gardens
Image: GettyimagesWith 30 hectares of spacious expanse to run wild in, this serene oasis right smack in the centre of Sydney&s CBD is the perfect place for families to enjoy a picnic on the foreshore while taking in stunning views of the harbour.
Glebe Foreshore ParksLocated at the city&s inner-west neighbourhood, the Glebe Foreshore Parks consist of four interconnecting parks, each with its own unique set of amenities & from skateboard ramps to a fully decked-out playground!
Animal Encounters
Taronga Zoo
Image: GettyimagesInteract with Australia&s adorable animals before letting your kids unleash their own inner animal on the aerial Wild Ropes challenge.
SEA LIFE Sydney AquariumEmbark on an underwater quest to discover fascinating facts about Australia&s best marine life, as well as a chance to get up close and personal with sharks, penguins and dugongs.
Coastal Walks
Manly to Shelly&This easy trail takes visitors past the historic Fairy Bower Rock Pool at Manly, the perfect stop for a safe dip away from rough ocean waves.Bondi to Bronte
Image: GettyimagesA stunning four-kilometre walk dotted with popular caf&s, stunning ocean pools and picturesque views of the coastline.
Museum Hopping
Australian MuseumImmerse your child&s curious little mind with a zoological extravaganza, with everything from insects to dinosaurs, at one of Australia&s most interactive museums.
Powerhouse MuseumPlay around with the many high-tech exhibitions for a brilliant hands-on experience into the world of history and science.Discover the historical and cultural experiences in Perth city centre. By Mavis Teo
The city of Perth is often seen by Singaporeans as a base or pit stop while travelling in Western Australia. After a five-hour flight, we drive out to Margaret River or Swan River for a wine tasting holiday or head to Freemantle for the weekend markets. But there are actually many interesting things to discover in
The opening of Yagan Square in March brought a cultural and historical side of the city to the fore.
The monument tells the story of the country&s aboriginal heritage. During a recent trip, I also discovered other gems in Perth that altogether, make an interesting trip for the heritage and history lover.
In recent years, Australia has come to terms with a dark side of her history and sought to restore honour and dignity to the aboriginal people for past persecution. , a multi-purpose space in the heart of Perth city centre opened this March. It is of great significance to the Whadjuk people, an aboriginal Noongar dialectic people who have been in what is now known as Perth in Western Australia for over 60,000 years. At Yagan square, their culture is celebrated in the strong aboriginal narrative throughout the space named after a Noongar resistance fighter
who was murdered and beheaded (his head was missing for many years). A large sculpture of an aboriginal man named Wirin (his name means spirit and he&s not to be mistaken for Yagan) who embodies the core values of the Noongar people watches over the square. Spread over 13 hectares, the site with a market hall for western Australia produce, native gardens, rooftop playground and amphitheatre more than connects the community of locals and tourists together, it also physically bridges the CBD with Northbridge, providing people with easy passage in the heart of the city.
Have you heard of quandong? What about wattleseed? These are just examples of bush tucker or what is known as bush food found in Western Australia. Rich in nutrients, bushfood is the latest buzzword in local food trends, especially Australia addresses an obliterated part of their history. Yagan Square sits on land that provided with the original people of the land with native food and was a dedicated space for aboriginal women to carry out their rituals. Foraging was a large part of their culture, and this is now celebrated in the market hall.&Image: Metropolitan Redevelopment AuthorityBesides curated eateries that use native food, there&s , an aboriginal-owned artisanal grocer that sells bushfood inspired jams, marinades and even cakes and cookies. The affable manager, Dale Tillbrook is always happy to tell aboriginal tales to those who are interested.
For a haute twist to eating indigenous, dine at Wildflower, one of the restaurants in the restored 140-year-old State Buildings and Como the Treasury hotel. Local boy and executive chef Jed Garrard of Wildflower creates a menu based on Noongar Wadjuk people&s weather calender of six seasons.&Image: Mavis TeoA keen proponent of eating off the land, Garrard works closely with aboriginal leaders to design the seasonal menu. The execution by his kitchen crew is fine and flawless.
On the subject of aboriginal culture, there&s a collection of six sculptures by aboriginal artist Richie Kuhaupt called &Kornden& in the city centre with a moving story. Meaning strong in the local whadjuk dialect, the statues represent six Noongar leaders who had come from all over Western Australia to take part in commemorative celebrations during the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and York&s visit during a tour of the British Empire in 1901. There are different versions of what really transpired the day these men were lined up to meet the royal family members, but I like Oh Hey WA Adie Chapman&s. The founder of the walking tours company () told me this: that the warriors never got to perform for the royal family and they were very hurt. It was a slight that they would remember for the rest of their lives. Generations later, the photo was found and the family of one of the man learnt about
this story. So to Rob Garette who drew the faces of the sculptor and whose great-great-grandfather was one of the six men, this was a way to restore pride and dignity to the men.
If you are a lover of history, you&d most likely love heritage buildings (and the stories behind them). Perth city centre is chock-a-block with them. The latest and biggest restoration story unveiled this year is The Melbourne hotel (). The 73-room hotel at the corner of Hay Street and Milligan Street is so called because the latter was named Melbourne Road when the hotel opened in 1897 & during Perth&s Gold Rush. The operators of the hotel and its pub, and the guests of the hotel were a colourful bunch, adding to the stories that surround the hotel. In 2007, it was sold to a Singaporean property investor who redeveloped the hotel and reopened it this April as The Melbourne Hotel.&Image: The Melbourne HotelThe refurbishment took over 10 years and cost AUD$40million. The lift facing the original staircase of the hotel is the oldest in Perth city centre and is still working! Some walls of the original building were stripped to
giving a raw edge that juxtaposes against the polished and refined look of new walls around it. There&s a huge variety of room types amongst its 73 rooms & take your pick between heritage and contemporary.
The F & B options here are drawing both tourists and locals. Cantonese restaurant Grand Orient is undisputedly one of the best in town, while Ramen Keisuke Tonkotsu sees queues that curve around the hotel at peak hours. If you just want to grab a sweet snack, you have to join the queues with people from the nearby offices & they show up at Hattendo from half six in the morning for its pillowy cream-filled Japanese buns. De Baun & Co named after the original founder, promises an Aussie pub experience, while Aurora on the rooftop offers chic cocktails and craft beers with breathtaking views of the city&s skyline, a glorious mix of history and modern.
Wanderlust calling?}

我要回帖

更多关于 bepreparedby 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信